Saturday, March 04, 2006

Shalom

My friends, shalom!

Today, I cooked up a storm and then took my daughter to the Art Show. I'll let her tell you about the results : ) This evening finds me on a mini-retreat. I really been needing some time to be alone and not be on call for awhile. As I was driving away, I was delighting in the solitude and thanking God for this opportunity. Just as I was climbing into the pool for a quick dip, someone said, "Is that you, Brenda?" Solitude NOT! It was my cousin who lives two hours from here, along with about 25 homeschoolers - in the area for a basketball tournament. Thankfully, this unexpected intrusion into "my" alone time didn't hit me all wrong, and I had an encouraging conversation with another homeschool mom. Our Heavenly Planner sure has a sense of humor!

6 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Welcome to the blog world, and so glad to hear that you are getting some alone time, and that our Heavenly Plannter gave you that encouraging converstion! He is indeed good.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Oops, I just misspelled Planner - and conversation! Sorry about that!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

I reckon our Heavenly Planner surely has left me-a-chucklin' a bunch a times through the years---even if a bit wryly at times...

I'm thinkin' you may be quite right about listenin' to ol' 'Lanche's ideas about what's good fer eatin'---maybe I'll start when he asks me for them eggs, bacon, grits and biscuits w/gravy... ...rest assured he won't be-a-gittin' any o' mine!!!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Loreo said...

So what did the kids all do for school before they all became home schooled? What is your curriculum? Do you like it? And one more question, what are their ages?

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Brenda Jo said...

They had been going to a Baptist church school near here. Good school, but a few rotten apples... The oldest is 15 - this is her third year of homeschooling. Boys just started this year - ages 12, 10 & 7. Some of our curriculum: Saxon Math works but there must be something better! The younger 2 use Horizons Math, a division of AOP - we like it a lot - and Christian Light Publications for Language, similar to AOP Lifepacs but simpler. The 15yo does a lot of reading for Lit., writing club at the library, Power-Glide for Spanish, Apologia for Science.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Loreo said...

Zach is using Math-U-See, and it's good stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home