Friday, February 17, 2006

My Treasures




This is our first year of homeschooling all our kids. It has been a big adjustment for our family, though things are settling in...well, most things, anyway. And there are some really good things happening, too, like sibling friendship. Have you ever spotted one of these rarities – in real life?

On a warm day at the end of January, my boys wanted to do their work up in the tree. They didn’t get a lot done up there, what with pencils falling and no writing surface. I indulged them for a long time, though, until one of them climbed up to about 40 feet. At that height, someone might drive by and think I was “one of those homeschool moms.” Gasp! I must remember to let them do crazy things only after public school hours.

7 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger ljm said...

Oh man, I do not look forward to the day when my boys can climb that high! Phew!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger TripleNine said...

I was afraid your family might see that latest post. :) I hate to think what your husband thinks of me making fun of submarine names.

Welcome to the blogging community, by the way.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Brenda Jo said...

Now you know! Swab the deck!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger drewey fern said...

I allowed my students to climb a tree in front of the school for class a few times. It was fun and memorable, but I don't think they learned enough to justify my doing it again:) Sigh. If only I didn't have to be so responsible. Hee hee hee.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Great pictures!

What a great way to celebrate a warm day...mixing the outdoors with school!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Brenda, what fun to be able to read your blog! That's so great that you're homeschooling all the kids now. What a huge job to be teaching four kids all at once. I have fond memories from when I was homeschooled of doing schoolwork in odd places around the house and outdoors. One of the many joys of learning at home!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Brenda Jo said...

Homeschooling is more work and it causes a new kind of stress, but it feels so right. I am there when guidance is needed, there's time for training, and they are growing up in a family instead of an institution. It's also a corner-knocker-offer, if you know what I mean;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home